The DEFINITIONHiccups are annoying condition that come from the digestive system which can occur in all ages. Hiccups in babies is not a condition that does not harm but annoying. At the moment there is a breathing muscles that restrict the lungs and organs in the stomach to contract. These muscles include the muscles of the respiratory tract because it helps with known respiratory diaphragm. A strong contraction or irregular contractions of the diaphragm which can cause hiccups. Hiccups in the language of medicine known as singultus. Singultus is taken from the Latin word ' singult ' which means to take a breath while crying sniffle.
Hiccups are generally not a sign of medical diseases, but it can be alarming and disturbing in the baby. If hiccups experienced shortly after a meal or as a meal, there are several ways to prevent hiccups in infants, such as reducing the portion packed into half and twice more often, additionally reduce swallowing air. Hiccups that lasted more than 2 days, think about other possible causes.
RELATED DISEASESThere are several things that can cause hiccups like overeating and drinking fizzy drinks, quick, swallowing air, smoking, and stress or a sense of entusias that all of a sudden. If your hiccups last more than 48 hours to think about the other possibility.
Some diseases that may be associated with hiccups that lasted more than 48 hours, i.e.:
- Irritation or damage to nerves;
- Nerve damage is the cause of hiccup-term post. Factors that may cause the onset of irritation or damage to the nerves, namely hair or something else touching the eardrum, throat pain (severe laryngitis),
- Abnormalities of the central nervous arrangement;
- A tumor or infection in the central nervous arrangement may cause damage to the nervous system and disorders of the hiccup reflex body can be disturbed.
- Metabolic disorders and drugs.
- Metabolic abnormalities such as electrolyte imbalance, kidney failure, high blood sugar. Drugs could be due to the influence of a sedative, anesthetic drugs (narcotic).