Information sight of the LiDE 220 scanning a thick initial record
Used conventionally, the LiDE 220 makes far more sense. At the front, five action buttons permit you to activate a copy, create an e-mail with a scanned add-on, generate a solitary or multi-page PDF file, or simply create a photo. A smart 'Z' setup in the joint enables the cover to close flat even on quite thick originals, but we weren't as well impressed by the droopy white card plate lining the bottom: it's repaired only at its 4 corners.
The LiDE 220 loses out on Canon's outstanding CaptureOnTouch software application, provided with its much more expensive file scanners, however it still includes a decent bundle. Canon's TWAIN interface, utilized to import scans directly right into almost any imaging software, is among the very best. It runs in fundamental and also advanced settings that are simple to make use of, and which in between them cover every little thing you might need. Other software program allows you change thorough settings for the front-panel switches or for scans controlled from the PC. We were pleased to see that by default, PDF scans utilize optical character acknowledgment (Optical Character Recognition) to create a searchable record.
While it isn't really reduce, the LiDE 220 showed the exact same unwinded pace as various other USB-powered scanners. It previewed the platen in 15 seconds, took the very same time to catch an A4 record at 150dpi, and also required 18 secs to check it at 300dpi. At 600dpi it captured a 6x4" photo in just 21 seconds, but at 1,200 dpi it needed 68 seconds. In use it was rather quiet, yet there was a somewhat harsh note in the 10 secs approximately it took the check go to go back to its resting placement. Image high quality was supreme: scans were dramatically focused, with accurate colour reproduction and a high dynamic variety - both the lightest and darkest shade information were protected.
We would certainly advise the LiDE 220, yet just if you really require its high resolution and also added bit-depth. If not, a less costly scanner would certainly do, or for the same cash you could acquire a mid-range multifunction outer and obtain prints as well as duplicates thrown in.
Spec Data: Canon CanoScan LiDE220
- Automatic Document Feeder:No
- Ethernet Interface:No
- Film Scanning: No
- Maximum Optical Resolution:4800 pixels
- Maximum Scan Area:Letter
- Mechanical Resolution:4800 pixels
- One-Touch Buttons:Yes
- Scanning Options:Reflective
- Tech Support:Email. 1-year warranty.
- Phone Web
- USB or FireWire Interface:USB
CanoScan LiDE 220 Operating System CompatibilityWindows 7/Vista/XP/2000) (macOS v10.12/OS X v10.11/OS X v10.10/OS X v10.9/Mac OS X v10.8/Mac OS X v10.7/Mac OS X v10.6)(Win10/10x64/8.1/8.1x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP),(Win 10/Win 10 (x64)/Win8.1/Win 8.1 (x64)/Win 8/Win8 (x64)/Win 7/Win 7 (x64)/Win Vista/
Win Vista (x64)/Win XP),(WinVista/WinVista (x64)/WinXP/Win XP (x64)/Win 2000/Win Me/Win98)
|CanoScan LiDE 220 Full Driver & Software Package (macOS v10.12/
OS X v10.11/OS X v10.10/OS X v10.9/Mac OS X v10.8/
Mac OS X v10.7/Mac OS X v10.6)
|LiDE 500F Scanner Driver (Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000)||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 220 Full Driver & Software Package(Win10/10x64/8.
1/8.1x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
|CanoScan LiDE 220 Scanner Driver(Win 10/Win 10 (x64)/Win8.1/
Win 8.1 (x64)/Win 8/Win8 (x64)/Win 7/Win 7 (x64)/Win Vista/
Win Vista (x64)/Win XP)
|CanoScan LiDE20/30 Scanning Guide(WinVista/WinVista (x64)/
WinXP/Win XP (x64)/Win 2000/Win Me/Win98)
|CanoScan LiDE 220 User Manual (Mac)||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 220 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||Download|
|CanoScan LiDE 220 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||Download|
|Full Driver & Software Package||Download|
How to install the driver for CanoScan LiDE 220
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile, if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel --> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page appears with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.